Usually when I’m ready for a snack, I head straight for pretzels, pistachios, or an apple + peanut butter.
Other times, I like to step up my game…
Obviously there are infinite combos of foods that you can put on toast, but this is one of the best I’ve ever tried. The sweet pear on top of the savory goat cheese, all topping a crispy slice of ciabatta bread…. Mother may I? I was inspired by this recipe that I found on pinterest, and the only regret I had after preparing the magical snack was that no one else was around to share it with me. It’s that good y’all.
- 1 pear thinly sliced
- honey for drizzling
- brown sugar for sprinkling
- sugar for sprinkling
- 2 oz goat cheese
- ciabatta bread
- 1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- 2. Drizzle the pear slices with honey and then sprinkle brown sugar and sugar on each slice. Bake for about 8-10 minutes, or until soft.
- 3. While the pears are cooking, cut the ciabatta bread into open-faced wide slices and put them on a baking sheet.
- 4. As soon as the pears are done, pull them out of the oven and put the bread in at the same temperature and cook until crispy (about 8-10 mins).
- 5. After the bread is done, immediately top it with the goat cheese, and then top with the pear.